These discs are manufactured from a very strong non-woven fibre and embedded with coarse grain silicon carbide. This blend results with sharp and effective abrasives grain, in an open structure so it won’t clog no matter what product you are trying to clean off a surface.
Open web structure to reduce rework, with longer life.
Reduces risk of gouging or cutting into the base metal surface like you would with traditional sanding disc, as the open web fibre is specially designed to remove only the top surface layer. This save a lot of time and improves your productivity.
• Open web structure provides cooler removal, and won’t clog so maintaining cutting effectiveness throughout the life of the disc.
Safer with non-woven fibre.
• Clean & Strip discs can be used with a single disc on an angle grinder, or wheels on a spindle.
• Safer than wire brushes it is made of non-woven fibre, so reduces the risk of injury from loose flying wire to others in the workplace.
• Will disperse the heat and help to reduce warp lines, burning and discoloration because of the open web and non-loading design.
Clean and strip come in two main types:
• Black is softer, more flexible, for more conformable for shapes or light work.
• Purple is stronger, more rigid, for faster removal and longer life.
What can you use Strip and Finish discs on and for?
Steel | Stainless Steel | Aluminium | Plastic | Wood.
SURFACE COATING REMOVAL | Rust | Oxidation | Paint | Adhesive | Concrete
PRE/POST WELD CLEANING | Contamination on steel and scale clean up before weld | Post weld discoloration or blueing removal | Removal of light weld splatter.
MAINTENANCE CLEANING | Gasket removal and clean up | Removal of painted epoxies| Pipeline cleaning | Refurbishment and maintenance on machinery | Weather board reconditioning | Removal of concrete off steel.